Martial Arts With a Commitment to Excellence
We would love to meet you! To speak to a member of our friendly, professional staff or experienced instructors, give us a call: 828.505.4309
At Asheville Sun Soo, we teach traditional Tae Kwon Do
(sometimes spelled "tae-kwon-do", "taekwon-do" or "taekwondo"). "Sun Soo" (pronounced 'soon-soo') is Korean for "pure spirit"
. Traditional Tae Kwon Do is a whole body self defense system commonly referred to as Korean Karate. Our classes are rigorous and empowering, nurturing and safe -- in a family environment that will challenge you to constantly develop your whole person with excellence. Our commitment to you is to help you discover and develop the martial artist in you -- become an aware and effective person -- and experience the resulting benefits in all aspects of your life!
We have classes for everyone….ranging from 4 years old and up. We also have a variety of class times to suit your busy schedule!
3 of the Many Reasons To Practice Tae Kwon Do at Asheville Sun Soo Traditional Tae Kwon Do
1. Physical Fitness
• Cardio Fitness • Weight Loss2. Internal Growth
• Strength • Flexibility • Coordination • Reflex -response • Balance
• Energy & Vitality
• Focus • Discipline • Intentionality3. Self Defense
• Confidence • Social Skills • Self Awareness
• Better School Grades / Career accomplishment / Effective Relationships
• Courtesy • Integrity • Perseverance • Self-Control • Indomitable Spirit
• Inner Sense of Peace and Personal Power
• Intelligent & Effective Use of the Body
• Defensive Techniques to Protect Self & Others
• Stranger-Danger Awareness • Bully Prevention
• Conflict Resolution Skills
• Confidence in Ability to Protect Self & Others